Misty from Poshtique Designs is wonderful and l used her Movie Birthday Printables http://www.etsy.com/listing/69664236/movie-birthday-party-printable-movie which come with a banner, ticket invitations, labels and 2" circles which l featured throughout the party. I started with the invitations a few weeks prior to the party and created some excitement by giving each child a Jumbo box of popcorn with their ticket invitation to get them all in the mood!
|Movie Ticket Invitations by Poshtique Designs|
|Lolly Noodle Boxes|
This year l put a bit of a spin on the desserts made for Byron's Party and made some Mini Hamburger Cupcakes with French Fry Cookies. I was inspired by Bakerella http://www.bakerella.com/fast-food-fun/ and used her tutorial on how to make these cute fast food desserts using the link above. I also used Bakerella's fries template to put the cookies in and attached one of the 2" Circles from Poshtique Designs to complete the look! Byron's Birthday Cake this year was a Pizza Blondie Cake which was delicious and too easy to make so l have included the recipe for you to try! I also made some caramel popcorn ice cream and put these into little dixie cups and attached another of Poshtique Designs 2" Circles to add some more retro flair!
Blondie Pizza Cake
200g white choc melts
1 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup plain flour
1/4 sr flour
3 large eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Paste
1. Melt butter and white chocolate in microwave for 1 min and then stir until melted.
2. Add sugar, eggs and vanilla to chocolate and whisk to combine.
3. Add flours and fold gently with spatula until completed combined.
4. Spoon Batter into a 30cm round tin
5. Place in oven 180 degrees for 30 mins then reduce to 170 and bake for another 10-15 mins until golden brown and should be firm and springy to touch
don't worry if it looks more toffee coloured as the white chocolate has caramelised and will be delicious!
6. Take out of oven and let cool on wire cooling rack
7. Decorate with Raspberry Coulis, Sliced Strawberries, Kiwi Fruit Chunks, Grated White Chocolate and Nestle White Chocolate Melts to make it look like a Pizza!
I hope you have enjoyed Byron's Birthday Party as l have really loved sharing it with you all! A Big Thanks to Misty from Poshtique Designs who inspired this little party with her cute printables and a Big Thanks to Liz from The Princess and The Pirate for their super quick service and supplying such lovely products at very affordable prices!!
So remember to Bake, Create & Celebrate!
Bye for now!