|Printables from a little delightful |
Ok now onto the recipe..... as you all know l LOVE Steph from Rasperri Cupcakes and a while back l saw her Milo cupcakes and thought these would be perfect for Australia Day but topped with Tim Tam Frosting.... oh and l was right!! This combo is Devilishly Delicious but it is a taste sensation right from Heaven!! How's that for Cheesy??? Sorry... but it is sooo true!
I did have a few hiccups with Steph's recipe http://www.raspberricupcakes.com/2010/05/milo-cupcakes-with-condensed-milk-icing.html but l can now recommend some changes which will hopefully end in a perfect Milo Cupcake!! I would replace the plain four and rising agents with SR Flour as mine sank. I would also only fill the cupcakes half way as mine overflowed and most of the cake ended up on top of the pan and finally use the traditional mix in a bowl method and not the food processor as this will ensure an evenly mixed batter.
Ok RECIPE time......
Milo Cupcakes with Tim Tam Frosting (makes 12-18 cupcakes)
200g SR Flour
200g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla paste
200g sour cream
180g salted butter, softened
2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line cupcake tins with wrappers
- Cream Butter and Sugar until pale, light and creamy then add eggs one at a time and mix until well combined.
- Add Vanilla Paste, Sour Cream and Milo and beat until just combined so as to not overwork the sour cream which can become runny
- Add SR Flour and beat until just combined or fold through with a spatula
- Put batter into liners and only fill half way
- Bake for 15-20 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre come out clean. (these will get a bit crunchy on top but reduce heat if they look too brown and not cooked in centre)
- Let cool for 5 mins in pan and then remove and place on wire rack to cool completely before icing them.
Tim Tam Frosting
1 pkt Tim Tams
250g Softened Butter
2 Cups Icing Mixture
2 tbsp Milk
Optional - 1/2 pkt Tim Tims Coarsely processed to make biscuit crumbs for sprinkling on top of cupcakes.
- Finely process l packet of tim tams in a food processor
- Place butter into a bowl and then beat for about 5-8 mins until very pale and creamy
- Add Milk, Icing Mixture and tim tam mixture and beat on low until combined and then beat on medium high for around 3 mins until thick and creamy.
- Spoon into piping bag fixed with a large star tip and pipe onto cupcake or using an offset spatula spoon on some frosting and then top with tim tam crumbs or milo.
I hope you all have a wonderful Australia Day with Friends and Family and enjoy soaking up this GORGEOUS Sunshine!