{Bake} Say Happy Birthday with a Choc Chip Cookie!!

Hey my lovely readers just a quick post today as l wanted to share my Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and a cute idea for birthdays or even Valentines day??  Why not give an edible cookie with a message instead of a card???  I am not sure if this is a new idea or not but it is one of my Bestest Friend's Birthdays tomorrow and we were catching up tonight and yep... you guessed it... l forgot to get a card!!!  But l had made a batch of choc chip cookies which just happen to be her favourite yesterday so l thought why not giver her a birthday message on a cookie!!

Birthday Message on Choc Chip Cookie

I had lots of fun creating my birthday cookie that l also did a very quick Valentine's Day one but please forgive my piping and shabby styling.....l could always say it was one of the kids that made it?? mmmmmm maybe l should of????

Valentine's Day Message on a Cookie?? mmmm....
Never mind like l said a quick post today as l needed to photograph these babies before they all got gobbled up.... not by me certainly NOT!!!

Mmmmmm l do find these hard to resist so l hope you will enjoy my recipe and l have tried my best to give measurements but please let me know if they don't work and need more adjusting??

CHEWY CHOC CHIP COOKIES (makes 24 BIG Cookies)



Ingredients

180g butter melted
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 raw sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
1 cup plain flour
2 tbsp vanilla paste
150 g choc chips (I use dark but your preference??)

Method
  • Preheat Oven to 165 degrees Celsius and line baking trays with baking paper 
  • Add melted butter to bowl and then add sugars and beat together until well combined.
  • Add Vanilla and egg and beat until creamy
  • Add Flours to mixture and mix well and fold through choc chips
  • Drop large tablespoons of mixture onto trays (allowing lots of room, l only do 6 per tray) and flatten down with base of glass (tip from one of my friends)
  • Bake for 10-15 mins until edges are golden and then remove and place on cooling racks so they stay yummy and chewy!  If you want crispy ones then cook at 180 until lightly golden all over (around 12 mins)
Now time to enjoy with a lovely cuppa!!

Bye for now....
Larissa
XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Handmade gifts are the best Larissa!! and they looks so yummy :) Great idea. Happy Birthday to your friend.
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loved it Di!! It was a bit of fun and l wrapped it so pretty!!! Might make it a bit of a ritual no card but message on a cake, cookie, tart, croquembouche....etc!! Maybe l've gone a bit too far??? Kisses Sweetie!! I wish l could send you one!! :(

      Delete
  2. I was sure :) how she can't!! you are always so sweet :) mmmm I would like to eat right now!! ..baci baci!.

    ReplyDelete