{Celebrate} "Dear Baby Girl" Baby Shower for a Dear Friend!

A couple of weeks ago l had the privilege of creating a gorgeous dessert table for my Bestest Friend who is expecting her second little bubba at the end of March.  Her sister was hosting the event and had asked if l could provide the desserts whilst she organised the Lunch.  It was a Lovely Day and the sun shone brightly as we sipped on sparkling wine and sat in the garden enjoying Lunch and each others company!

The "Mum to Be" and l have been Best Friends since we were 8 years old so she is more like a sister to me and one of my oldest and dearest friends so l wanted to create a table that was sentimental, girlie and of course vintage!!  When l saw Dilek's "Little Deer" Baby Shower Printables l was in LOVE and had envisioned a very pretty baby shower with lots of natural elements such as wood and Hessian and then contrasting soft delicate doilies and pretty bows.

I wanted to make this shower not your typical woodland baby shower which l do love but instead wanted to give it a bit of a sentimental touch so the idea of "Dear Baby Girl" was born!  I created a little guest book for my dear friend and asked guests to write little messages of love for the dear baby girl who would be a part of our lives soon.  I also incorporated the use of gorgeous white tin mail boxes from http://www.tlbc.com.au/ to hold the chocolate bar favours to carry on this theme.

I loved this colour palette of peach, white and red and how it looked so striking against the natural tones of the wood!  I think it truly looked splendid and had a real vintage charm and was girlie but not overly girlie and a little bit different to your typical pastel pink baby shower.

I created all of the desserts with love based upon the Mum to Be's favourites and these included Mini Lemon Meringue Pies, Sticky Date Cupcakes with Butterscotch Frosting, Meringue Kisses with dark chocolate, Vanilla Bean Cookies with white chocolate fondant toppers and fondant bows, Chocolate Brownie Bites with chocolate ganache and sixlet toppers and the cake was a 4 Layer Vanilla Cake with Raspberry Buttercream.  All guests also took home a personalised chocolate bar with details of the baby shower as a favour.











It was such a joy to create this table and it was a lovely day spent spoiling our Dearest Friend and her little baby girl who will arrive very very soon!

I hope you have all enjoyed seeing this little soirĂ©e and l have to give a special mention to Katie from The Ivory Social https://www.facebook.com/theivorysocial who lent me that GORGEOUS Deer to top my pretty little cake!  She is just the SWEETEST!!  And that Little Deer was really the star of the show!!

Also a BIG Thank You to Louisa from http://www.tlbc.com.au/ who always stocks the most GORGEOUS party items and continually supports me and my little party endeavors and inspires me with her AMAZING Event Styling!

And Finally a continued Thank You to Dilek from Todi Boutique http://todidesign.blogspot.com.au/ for creating the most beautiful printables that inspire me and for being such a SWEET Friend and Support!  Please have a look through her ETSY Shop as l am sure there is SOMETHING that may INSPIRE you to create a bit of SWEETNESS in your life or for those you love! http://www.etsy.com/shop/todi?ref=seller_info

XOXO
Larissa

4 comments:

  1. thank you so much for a wonderful write up that is lovely...really appreciate it you did a wonderful job xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Georgous Larissa! As always perfect details, yummy desserts and great ideas. Love these mail boxes, how adorable!
    Thank you so very much for your sweetness and support! My party printables looks so nice with your magic touch :)
    BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Pleasure Lovelies!! Now l can't wait for Audrey's party!! So inspired! XOXO Larissa

      Delete
  3. So chic girly baby shower! I adore these party decorations a lot. At some domestic LA venues for parties I also threw baby shower for my cousin but I hired professional planner for this event. He did fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete